Last Updated: 30th June 2017
Rug Doctor is one of the most well known and highly regarded producers of carpet cleaning systems. They offer commercial grade carpet cleaning products that provide a ‘professional quality clean’ that are affordable and easy to use. For more than 43 years, Rug Doctor has been a leader in the carpet cleaning industry, and their Deep Carpet Cleaner is certainly a testament to their reputation for excellence.
The Deep Carpet Cleaner has been made with the engineering expertise that Rug Doctor is famous for. Designed for regular carpet cleaning in the home, you will have the power of a professional grade carpet cleaner available to use anytime you want to clean and refresh your carpets at home.
Pros and Cons
Like all products, there are pros and cons associated with the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner.
- Offers 75 percent more power compared to other leading carpet cleaners in the same class, thanks to the 11 amps of power that it provides.
- This carpet cleaner utilizes Dual Cross Action Brushes. There are two brushes located underneath the machine, which allows it to clean every side of the carpet fibers and ensures a deep cleaning.
- It’s outfitted with a new Super Boost Spray Function, which allows you to customize it to your unique cleaning needs, so you can get the best clean possible in everything from high traffic and deeply soiled areas to areas of your carpet that don’t get as much traffic and don’t require as deep a cleaning.
- Offers a 28-foot long power cord, which is longer than the standard length of power cords on most other carpet cleaners in the same class, which means that you can easily clean larger areas without the need to unplug and find new power outlets.
- Pulls large amounts of water from the carpet as it cleans, decreasing the amount of time it takes for your carpets to dry.
- A 7.7-foot hose allows you to easily reach and clean those hard to reach areas.
- Comes with an upholstery tool that can be used to clean stains, stairs, automobiles and other types of upholstery.
- The carpet-friendly wheels will not damage your carpets and make it easy to move maneuver the machine while cleaning.
- The Simple Lift clean and dirty water tanks make adding and emptying water a breeze.
- The compact design combined with the collapsible handle makes it easy to store this carpet cleaner away.
- The lids on the tanks are easy to open and easy to fill. A built-in measuring cap ensures that you are adding the right amount of cleaning solution to the machine so that your carpets will be perfectly cleaned.
- Has a large 12-inch cleaning path so you can clean more carpet in less tie.
- The removable tool caddy is convenient and easy to use.
- CRI Rated Gold for Best in Class Cleaning Performance
- The brushes cannot be removed from the front of the machine, which are the brushes that do the brunt of the cleaning work. This means that when they need to be cleaned, you have to lay the machine down and physically wipe the bristles down with clothes and untangle any debris that gets stuck in them.
- The power leads that run from the pump are prone to disconnecting, or may not properly connect during assembly. If this happens, the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner will not spray soapy water, which will impact cleaning.
- The dirty water tank is emptied from the back of the carpet cleaner, which means that there could be issues with spilling dirty water as you are emptying it.
- The clean water is located on the top of the machine, which could impact the cleanliness of the water that comes out of the machine, as the clean water could be infiltrated with dirty water.
- Despite the easy lift design and the large, easy to remove caps, cleaning out the dirty water can still be a challenge.
Features and Benefits
The Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner offers some distinct features and benefits that set it apart from other carpet cleaners in the same class. A Dual Cross Action Brush system, which includes a powerful oscillating scrubbing brush that offers two rows of bristles that clean carpet fibers from every angle, as well as a rotating brush that features ten rows of bristles that gently groom and polish the surface of the carpet, leaving you with a carpet that is plush, soft, smooth and deeply cleaned.
A 28-foot cord provides you with plenty of room to move about without having to constantly unplug the machine and find a new outlet to plug into, which makes cleaning a lot more convenient. The 12-inch cleaning path also cuts down on the amount of time it takes to clean your carpets.
Offering 11 amps of power, the Deep Carpet Cleaner from Rug Doctor offers 75 percent more suction power than similar upright home carpet cleaners; more power means deeper and more efficient cleaning. The Super Boost Mode allows you to customize the clean that the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner provides. With the simple turn of a knob, you can easily customize the cleaning that the machine provides based on your specific needs. For example, the carpet in your living room may need a deeper cleaning than the carpet in your bedroom, and the Super Boost Mode allows you to control the amount of cleaning power that the machine offers so you can achieve the perfect cleaning.
The wheels are gentle on carpets and the machine is relatively lightweight, which makes it easy to move it. The compact size and the collapsible handle make storing the machine a cinch. The 7.7-foot hose allows you to clean hard to reach areas with ease.
The Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner comes with an upholstery brush that you can attach to the hose and use to clean various surfaces, including stairs, stains and even automobiles. The tool caddy can be removed and simplifies the cleaning process.
Warranty and Support
The Deep Carpet Cleaner is backed by a two-year limited warranty from Rug Doctor. This warranty covers any defective parts or issues that may arise as a result of manufacturer defects. If any issues occur within 2 years from the date of purchase, contact Rug Doctor and they will repair or replace the machine for you.
Rug Doctor offers standard customer service, including email and phone support. They also offer repair shops, which can be located on the manufacturer’s website. You will also find FAQs, tips, and tutorials on their website.
Overall, we were impressed by the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner. We liked that it offers the ability to customize the clean that it provides so you can get a deeper clean for deeper, set in stains and high traffic zones. The strong suction aided in the efficiency of the clean that the carpet cleaner provided, and it also made dry time quicker. We were also impressed with the long cord size, as we were able to clean larger areas without having to unplug the machine and find new outlets. Despite the limited accessories and the slight challenge of changing the water, overall, we were impressed with the cleaning power that the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner offers.