Last Updated: May 2017
Bissell is one of the most trusted names in the carpet cleaning industry. They use the latest advances in technology to deliver exceptional products that are truly powerful and provide a deep clean. The Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner Machine certainly lives up to the Bissell name. Offering the power of a professional grade carpet cleaner, but designed to be used by homeowners, this machine provides an exceptional clean that will clean the most set-in stains and make the highest traffic carpets look new again. In fact, many people have reported that this carpet cleaner has saved them from having to replace their carpets. Now that’s a powerful carpet cleaner!
Pros and Cons
Like all products, the Bissell Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner Machine has a lot of pros, but it does have some cons, too. It’s important for consumers to be aware of the pros, as well as the cons so that they can make the best decision and purchase a product that will truly deliver the performance that they are expecting.
- Provides a professional grade cleaning, thanks to the rotating dirt lifter power brushes, which remove dirt that is deep down in the carpet fibers.
- Cleans both on the forward and backward pass, which reduces the amount of time it takes to clean the carpet, and the amount of time it takes the carpet to dry.
- Extra long 25-foot cord length means that you can reach larger areas without having to constantly unplug the machine and find new outlets to plug it into.
- The 9-foot extendable hose makes it easy to clean those hard to reach areas.
- The hand tool attachment simplifies cleaning stairs, upholstery and set in stains.
- A 1.75-gallon tank capacity means that you will have a lot of time to clean between refilling and changing out the water.
- An easy to read flow indicator allows you to monitor the water levels in the tank so you can change the out when it is necessary.
- Separate clean and dirty water tanks make it much easier to clean and fill tanks, and it also ensures that your carpets are only being cleaned with clean water.
- An adjustable handle enables you to choose the height that is best for you to comfortable and properly handle the machine.
- Easy to maneuver
- The Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner Machine is very heavy, which can make it difficult to handle.
- The large size can make storage difficult, as you have to have a large dedicated spot to store it when it is not in use.
- Some users have complained that the carpet cleaner spills dirty water as it is being pulled backward.
- Does not come with an edge cleaner, which can make cleaning edges of carpets challenging
Features and Benefits
The rotating Dirt Lifter Power Brushes provide the Bissell Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner with some pretty powerful dirt removing power. It cleans on both the forward and the backward pass, which means that you will be able to clean your carpets faster. This also means that the carpets will dry faster, as the increased suction on the forward and backward pass pulls more water out of the carpets, which leave them much less wet than other professional grade carpet cleaners. The adjustable tank handle allows you to customize the height of the machine, which improves your comfort while you are cleaning and makes it easier to handle the machine. The 25-foot cord and 9-foot hose allow you to access larger areas with ease.
The Bissell Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner Machine is outfitted with rotating Dirt Lifter Power Brushes. These brushes loosen and remove even the deepest down dirt and set in stains, ensuring your carpets come truly clean. Since it cleans on both the forward and backward pass, your cleaning time is cut in half, as is your drying time; in fact, this carpet cleaner cleans faster and allows carpets to dry faster than many other professional grade carpet cleaners that are currently on the market.
The Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner really does live up to its name: It cleans like you hired a professional. Even people who have very dirty and light colored carpets have reported that this carpet cleaner was able to clean them to a point where they looked almost brand new. With that said, however, really set in stains will likely require pre-treating and several passes with the machine in order to remove them.
The Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine comes equipped with a 25-foot power cord, which means that you will be able to reach longer distances and won’t have to constantly worry about unplugging the machine and finding new power outlets to plug it into. The 9-foot hose allows you to reach those hard to reach areas with greater ease, such as the stairs, the corners of the carpets and in between cushions. The 6-inch stair tool also makes cleaning a lot more convenient with this carpet cleaner. When the tanks are removed, the frame of the Big Green folds down, which does simplify transporting and storing the cleaner.
There are some issues to point out that do impact the convenience of this machine. The cleaning path is just 10.5 inches wide, which is smaller than the standard 12 inches on most carpet cleaners. Weighing in at over 40 pounds, it is very heavy and may be difficult to maneuver; however, many users have reported that despite the weight and the bulky size, it is relatively easy to move. The clean water tank holds 1.75 gallons, so you won’t have to worry about refilling too often, and the removable tanks do make refilling a much easier task.
The Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner comes with a 6-inch stair tool, which makes cleaning stairs and other hard to reach spaces a lot easier. The stair cleaner attaches to the 9-foot hose, which truly does make reaching those hard to reach spots a lot less difficult. This carpet cleaner also comes with a trial size of Bissell 2X Professional Deep Cleaning Formula so you can get started cleaning right away.
Warranty and Support
The Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner comes backed by a 5-year warranty from Bissell. Should anything happen to the carpet cleaner as a result of a manufacturer defect or poor workmanship within 5 years of the date of purchase, Bissell will repair or replace the machine for you.
As far as support goes, Bissell offers standard support surfaces, including email and phone support. They are very responsive and will return customer inquiries quickly. Additionally, you can access useful information on their website, including FAQ, tips for the most efficient use, and tutorials.
Though the size is a bit bulky and it is a bit heavy, the Bissell Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner Machine truly provides an exceptional, professional grade clean. It is fairly easy to operate, despite how heavy it is, and the adjustable handle allows you to customize the height, which improves comfort while using. The large capacity, the easy to lift, fill and empty tanks, and the long power cord and hose all make this an exceptional carpet cleaner that will deliver a clean that mimics the professionals.